Here are a few tricks I use round the house when cleaning to make the environment fresh and clean.
- The first thing I do when I start cleaning is open the windows or about half an hour and let the fresh air get into the house.
- You can make a home made air freshener using aromatherapy oils diluted in water in a spray container and avoid all the chemical based fragrances.
- Burn candles and or incense which not only clears the air it also lifts the mood.
- I like to rub small amounts of essential oil into my light bulbs. Mind you this is a small amount I use and using a tissue when the light is off. But afterwards when you switch the light on you will get a lovely burst of fragrance as the oils evaporate.
- Using old newspapers to polish glass and mirror surfaces is an amazing recycling use for old papers and surprisingly really gives a good finish.
- Adding fresh flowers or green plants to you home environment virtually instantly revitalises the space.