This project is extremely easy and fast to make and you can make it your own with buttons and ribbons, different yarns and different lining materials. In fact you could make this into a recycled materials project if you use re-purposed clothes from a charity shop.
Appropriate knitting needles for the wool
Thread and needle
- Knit a rectangle approx 22 inches long and 9 inches wide. This rectangle can be straight forwards garter stitch for beginners, stocking stitch, rib or even cabled. Once you know the stitches you can let your imagination run free a bit. Cast off at the end and weave in the ends.
- Knit an i-cord for the handle. This part again is up to you as to how long you would like it to be.
- Lay your lining fabric on a flat surface and place the knitted piece on top. Cut around the fabric leaving a seam allowance.
- Fold the lining material over, pin to the knitted piece and sew with complementary thread.
- Have a quick practise run folding the lined knitting as you will eventually sew it so you can decide where the wrist band will go. Again this is all down to preference as you could have a deep purse and a small closing flap or visa- versa.
- Sew i-cord into the appropriate place and then the sides of the bag.
- Add a couple of press studs and decorate the closing flap as desired with buttons/ribbons etc.
- Wallah!!!! a cute wristlet bag which is totally unique to you !!!!!