Sunday, 27 January 2013

January is here!!!!!

Hi there!
And welcome to a wonderfully chili January. My darling hubby has bought a calo gas heater for the living room which has been a god send in the evenings as it would otherwise be like sitting in the fridge lol.Still having trouble with my camera card so will be using my photo library for now. I am sitting in my living room for a moment before I go finish my housework for the day thinking about all the knitting and craft projects I have on the go at the moment. I am someone who is very easily distracted and browsing the huge directory of free patterns at Ravelry.com I have recently been slightly dazzled by the millions of projects I would love to make. The fact that I have signed up for virtually every free  craft and knitting/crochet news letter around doesn't help as I am always getting new ideas sent to me. So my huge new years resolution is to work on no more than two projects at a time and finish them all before starting  anything new. I know its a little late for resolutions, but its the only real goal I can stick too. The diet one most women make I don't really need to do this year as strangely enough running after my adventurer son has melted off the final pounds of baby weight so am pretty happy with myself. Possibly for the first time in my whole life. Today after my work is done will finish making up an adorable vest I have made for my nephew with re-purposed wool from an old jumper and continue a new vest for my son which I am kinda making up as I go along ( and for once its working -wow ! the knitting fairy god mother must be around) I am hoping to get some new photos uploaded so I can put my vest pattern up as its really easy, can be adapted for children and adults and you can also personalise it. I am also hoping to write up a recipe this week for a warming winter meal to toast the cockles- steamy chicken soup, grilled chicken and a crisp salad. Comfort food without the guilt, which generally allows you to have a treat later be it a nice little piece of chocolate with your afternoon coffee or a creamy serving of ice cream whilst you watch TV.I am also hoping to put a recipe for gherkins which my mother in law very kindly gave me  yay!!!!!

No comments: