Saturday, 6 April 2013

Afternoon thought....

 
I have decided Starting today to name a favourite thing about being alive every single day. Now this will, at times I know be kinda a challenge but I think that its important to keep a positive attitude.
So with that in mind...
My favourite thing today is ......
Springtime.
Kinda predictable but then again it IS Springtime and I can't miss out the amazing freshness it brings to everything. With the birds building their nests and having new families of their own. The beautiful flowers here that turn the landscape into a lush environment for a short time. The first opportunity to hang my washing outside to dry instead of cluttering the stairs and the wonderful smell it has when I bring it into the house. The comfortably sunny afternoons in which my son can go out and play with his cousins in the garden and I can relax with a cup of tea with my sisters in law. The time of the year I always asses my plans for the coming year and decided roughly what I want to do projects wise . Looking forwards to the time when my son will be able to say goodbye to his pampers and fully embrace the joys of using the loo like his big cousins do!!!. ( Can't wait for that one). Filling my home with the fragrant blooms from the garden rose bushes and enjoying how they make my home look like something from a renaissance painting ( minus the priceless work of art only lol). This spring my sister in law is getting married ( Alhamdulillah = a way of thanking god for the blessings of the event). I love how there is so much hopefulness in the air during this first season for the rest of the year and how no matter what It always feels like its a new beginning for me . A new chapter !
 
So there you are ...no doubt some of them are going to be more mundane things like chocolate and warm slippers but for me each and every single favourite thing has a place in my heart. I thought it would be a nice feature to share them with you ... rather than having a set number as I would never have the time to compile the whole list. Plus it would be greatly restrictive to say only 1000 favourite things so am saying one a day and will review myself so I don't repeat my favourite thing down the line.
 
 

No comments: