Now this is an especially easy and quick meal which is also vegetarian and filling and my son loves it. I actually cooked it today for his lunch and he guzzled a whole bowl and then he asked me for more so defiantly a thumbs up. The first time I saw this recipe was many years ago when I was at university and on holiday in France. The only difference I have made to the recipe is to not add sugar and to use an alternative kind of cheese to the parmesan used in the original.
Rice wise I use a coffee mug for myself my son and my husband ( so a mug for every 3 people)
Tinned chopped tomatoes
dried or fresh basil
dried or fresh oregano
dried or fresh thyme
cheese of your choice
short spaghetti ( I have no idea of the name but its like thin spaghetti chopped into tiny lengths)
- Wash your rice 5 or 6 times using warm and then cool water.
- Put a small amount of corn oil in a pan and add a handful of the short spaghetti and fry till golden.
- Add one and a half mugs of hot water for every mug you wish to cook.
- Add salt and bring to the boil and then simmer until the water has been soaked into the rice. And the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile put tomatoes and herbs into a pan and heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Also add a little tomato paste at this stage.
- Simmer gently until the rice has cooked.
- Then put a portion of rice into your plates and mix in the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top. And there you have it!!!!