Monday, 19 August 2013

An easy meal for a busy day


 
Now this is an especially easy and quick meal which is also vegetarian and filling and my son loves it. I actually cooked it today for his lunch and he guzzled a whole bowl and then he asked me for more so defiantly a thumbs up. The first time I saw this recipe was many years ago when I was at university and on holiday in France. The only difference I have made to the recipe is to not add sugar and to use an alternative kind of cheese to the parmesan used in the original.
 

Ingredients

 
Rice wise I use a coffee mug for myself my son and my husband ( so a mug for every 3 people)
salt
Tinned chopped tomatoes
dried or fresh basil
dried or fresh oregano
dried or fresh thyme
cheese of your choice
short spaghetti ( I have no idea of the name but its like thin spaghetti chopped into tiny lengths)
corn oil
tomato paste

Method

  1. Wash your rice 5 or 6 times using warm and then cool water.
  2. Put a small amount of corn oil in a pan and add a handful of the short spaghetti and fry till golden.
  3. Add one and a half mugs of hot water for every mug you wish to cook.
  4. Add salt and bring to the boil and then simmer until the water has been soaked into the rice. And the rice is cooked.
  5. Meanwhile put tomatoes and herbs into a pan and heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Also add a little tomato paste at this stage.
  6. Simmer gently until the rice has cooked.
  7. Then put a portion of rice into your plates and mix in the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top. And there you have it!!!!
 
 
  1.  
 


No comments: