Yes, life over here is in full swing again. With getting everyone back to their normal routine. My sister in law coming back from her holiday to Palestine and more family coming for a few days we have had plenty of things to fill our time here lol. Its rather hot at the moment ( 38c plus) and everyone is turning their home fans up a notch.
I am trying to potty train my two and a half year old and am having mixed results at the moment. Sometimes he really seems to get the idea whilst others ....urm.... well lets say its a process!!!lol We also have got some cousins of my husband to visit from Palestine and so the house is rather busy with everyone coming together as in Ramadan, cooking and catching up so have been having plenty to do. At times my family in law's home feels rather like the London underground during a busy time but having grown up an only child the hustle and bustle is quite a pleasant change from what I am used to.
We cooked a really lovely meal this week called Malfoof so I will give you the recipe to have a try. Its one if those meals which fills your stomach and makes you feel very comforted without the worry about the cholesterol. Especially as Cabbage which is one of the main ingredients is apparently one of the only vegetables in existence which burn more calories than it has so not bad.
short grain rice ( if you can get Egyptian its absolutely divine)
salt and pepper
- Mix the rice, meat, all spice, olive oil, salt and pepper and cumin in a bowl .
- Meanwhile separate the cabbage leaves and Blanche for about 5 minutes and drain.
- Then get a cabbage leaf and put a small spoon of the rice and meat mixture on one side and create a small parcel with the cabbage.
- Place the parcels into a large pan and cover with water and a couple of chicken stock cubes.
- Cook for an hour before serving.
- At the end fry about 4 cloves of garlic in a small pan with a little olive oil and juice your lemons.
- Add the garlic and lemon to the pan and serve.
This is one of my favorite Arabic meals - its absolutely scrummy!!!!!!!!!!!
Give it a try today :)))))))))))) and drop me a message in the comments as to how it went :))))))))