Friday, 16 August 2013

Todays blessing


Todays blessing for me is quite current and important because of the terrible heat we are experiencing here in Jordan at the moment. So Todays blessing for me is the wind. I have been sweltering all day helping my mother in law clean her home and the lack of an air conditioner makes things really quite hard at times but simply opening the window on this blustery day for a moment and you feel soo much better. I love the wind and the whistling noise it makes as it whips around our home. I love the winds here in Jordan as they seems to freshen the air which otherwise would be extremely stuffy. I love the winds in Europe and their cool rainy feel which always seemed to wake me up when I had an early rise.

One of my favourite movies of all time  ( The English Patient) has a scene in which the hero describes the many winds across North Africa. And the way he retells his tale about their effects upon the inhabitants of the lands in which they appear transforms me back into a small child full of awe at the power and spectacle of the natural world in all its splendor.

No comments: