Friday, 30 August 2013

Today's blessing

 
Today's blessing is probably the most taken for granted aspect of our lives. The air we breathe. We would not survive without it and yet its so part of our lives we don't even think about it for a moment. The way we breathe the air and how we take such a great part of our life from such an amazing gas. And yet so many of us ( myself included) don't take time to sit and really breathe and so truly relax. I can vouch for those days when my son is nagging me for things and I can't seem to find anything I need and the time is speeding by and my family in law misunderstand me and my husband is in a mood and I am ready to pull my hair out lol but just a few moments of deep breathing with my eyes closed brings everything into perspective. So here is an extremely effective breathing technique which I was given by my lovely mum which really helps when my stress boiling pot is about to blow.
 
 
Relaxation technique
 
OK. If you can put some calming music but also listening to birds outside the window or the wind also helps. Sit on a chair and have the soles of your feet planted on the ground. Close your eyes and breathe deeply concentrating on your breathes. Fell yourself becoming more and more heavy and imagine you are sitting under a wonderful shower of light and that there is a wonderful cleansing light pouring over you. See the light washing away all the stresses of your day. At this point I usually see that the worries and stress looks like mud washing away. After a minute or so I then imagine myself glowing with light and am feeling more focused to continue the day. And to conclude my relaxation I end with a visualization of strong roots growing from my feet deep into the ground to pull me back to reality and keep me focused so that when I open my eyes I can get on with the rest of the day without being sleepy. I always found the grounding helped me to return to an active day as usually relaxation and deep breathing tends to make me want to go for a sleep. So this does help wake you up after.
 
 


No comments: