Saturday, 14 September 2013

Whats new?

I have been a little busy making rag rugs out of some of my huge second hand material stash as it is kinda taking up too much space which could be used for other things. So have been using the method I outlined in my last tutorial and also simply cutting strips and tying them together which gives a raggedy finish which is nice for the winter. I am planning to make the finished rug rather large so its still a work in progress as you can see. But having just finished making two other new balls of material yarn ( think that's what you call it lol) I think I have plenty to be getting on with.

 
Also this week I have been starting to experiment with natural dyes and dying fabric. It all came about when my sister in law saw the rug I was making and asked me to take some old unwanted clothes and make two small mats for in front of my nephew and nieces bedroom doors too keep the drafts at bay in the winter. And some of the material wasn't very practical as it was white. So I got experimenting with natural dyes and did a bit of dip dying with Turmeric, cayenne pepper and cinnamon and got some rather good results. I really recommend it! 
 
  Plus after I did the materials for making the rug I decided to do the same dying process with a few old white clothes which I wanted to revitalise. Loved the results and will defiantly be wearing my new turmeric dyed homestead style top for the autumn.
 
Made a lovely chocolate cake and poured melted galaxy chocolate over it . It was a real hit with my family in law. The only issue now with having food so nice is that I have to remember I am trying to stay slim and fit and not have a slice every day lol.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: